Skip to main content

Thank you 2022 and hello 2023

Yes its officially 2 Jan 2023 right now and just WOW, I'm really amazed at how 2022 just went by like that. Much has definitely happened since my last blog post, mainly happy things and am just feeling this sense of peacefulness within me as I'm writing my post. Feeling so surreal how the year ended so quickly, especially the last month (december). Still pretty much reminiscing all the wonderful things that I've experienced so far in 2022. 

GRATEFUL AND THANKFUL. BLESSED :)

Indeed I guess blessed is one of the words I will use to say because indeed both of the people I've met and the opportunities I've had. 

Firstly speaking of my full time career, it's been amazing to be in this trio team of mine. Wonderful human beings who are genuinely nice and care for you. And my boss who's always looking out for us. I love the team spirit and am so excited to see what we can achieve !! Of course along the way, there were some ups and downs and I also learnt to go with the flow too (that not all things may go your way and that I should remain open to listening and trying out new things). I guess i'm still working hard on managing the team's work and as much as it sometimes does bother me a lot, I'm learning to cope with it and finding ways to make it better. Learning to be empathetic (non-judgmental basically), patient and sincere are three traits I will want to practice for the coming year too. So much of life that I've learnt from a fellow colleague of mine - and I'm grateful for his presence. Honestly can't w8 to see what and how much we can achieve tgt !

Secondly my relationship, hehehe officially signed my life away to be Mrs Lian to my one and only pang pang! <3 Our first and last year spent tgt as fiance and fiancee was a great one hehe, to be frank this year def has seen a little more disagreements etc. because of wedding planning and others. But it also made me realised that we will def have times like these where we don't see eye to eye in all situations and it's perfectly fine, because thats human. But the important thing is for us to see eye to eye to work our disagreements or differences out and make things work! And the process of learning to communicate your needs and wants to your partner has been one of the greatest joys of being in love too. When you feel yourself wanting to communicate it right and commit to this relationship and grow tgt, it just feels right. If you've asked me about cold feet before my ROM, of course I do. The countless thoughts I had couple of weeks back and when disagreements raise, you find yourself questioning if you made the right decision and if all these was right to begin with. Thankfully, the cold feet warmed up and here I am, happily married to the pang pang of my life. Honestly wasn't expecting myself to broke into tears during the vow part, but yes I did (lol when I used to think to myself why people cry over vows). The ROM went well and just so happy all my loved ones were there to witness it. And its left with Sep!! Another occasion to celebrate heheh cant wait :)

Thirdly, travelling overseas with my loved ones!! Finally going across the causeways with both families (mine and JJ) back in Jul and Aug feels so good hehe. Simply going in there to enjoy the cheap yummy food and massage ~ Also finally spending time just the two of us to the land of smiles! Explored new places -Khao Yai and thankful for the experience. Def miss travelling and can't wait to travel again in the year to come. 

Fourthly, spending quality time with family and friends. i think this year allowed us to really gather tgt properly and at ease. Am thankful for the multiple happy occasions coming tgt to reunite and catch up with our lives. I guess the one week stay of my ahma at my place was def one of the best wins too, def wasn;t easy for my mum especially to take care of her, but that one week now looking back was a precious opportunity gifted to us to spend time with my ahma and i'm glad we did it as a family tgt <3 Also the multiple catch-ups with friends including staycays to late nights to daytrip to JB to seeing a friend who became a mum felt even more HTH this time round. Am unsure if aging was one of the reasons, but the conversations does spark differently in the past year. Nonetheless, thankful for the genuine conversations about life about each and everyone. A part of me always feared that as we grow older, we will just drift off and our convers become more shallow and surface. But with 2022, it made me realise that 'hey, its a matter of how much you're willing to be vulnerable and open in front of your friends' And with that, i will like to practice having honest and open conversations with people this year. To be genuine and sincere in my thoughts and actions ;)  (JK has def influenced me so much on this aspect of life in the past year, he's such a gem)

Lastly, WORKING OUT!! I must say the end of 2022 was a big motivation for me - started the year with 6 months worth of spin classes to go. Ended off with class pass in dec - attended a total of 10 sessions (from yoga to pilates to spin to barre)! Literally tried as much as i could and am so happy i did it! Pretty sad i missed out boxing and martial arts - but the getting of the kits was what turned me away. Perhaps my next goal to try it out. But surprisingly enjoying yoga and barre, it does calm the mind down indeed :-) And of course 2023 will be back to weekly gym sessions with jenny !! I kinda forgot how we came to this agreement but yes am gonna stick to this, lets do this! :D And maybe towards my wedding, another time for classpass? :p Excited to see the growth of my body and look forward to see how I can become fitter and happier (time to get those endorphins up!)

Its funny how in the past years I will always be down with a resolution list by now, but this year I just kinda wanna ride it through the waves as it comes. I think there is already a couple of things in the back of my mind that I wanna accomplish - our wedding, my personal growth (take courses) and maybe a new fitness hobby ~

Hehehe shall see what inspires me along the way, but I guess I am ready to commit myself to whatever I tasked myself with. Goodnight peeps, hehehe the newly bride is gonna take her well-deserved sleep and get up in the morning to get some Vitamin D!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart

Holy grail, can't believe its been more than a year and here I am...decided that it's finally the night that I will pretty much like to update my blog. Yes what a year it has been, wouldn't have expected that my life will be like this a year back. Despite saying this, me is contented. Sitting right here alone in an A/C room hearing to 2NE1 music after a good bath and dinner, spending some me-time (while e hubby go for an impromtu night to JB with his bros). Heh tgif! Loving such Friday night <3  Been learning to appreciate these rare moments of me-time, to make use of it in a way that will make me feel good after. Recently, I thought to myself that 'hey its time to start brushing up the self-growth part of me as well as feeding my own mind and soul' cuz lately that was the part of me that I felt neglected - I guess I do sometimes pin a lot of expectations on myself when it comes to my growth at my work - what do i learn from it (aka professional growth) that I so...

Courage over fear

What a crazy past three weeks it has been - rollarcoaster of emotions for me and I can't believe I survived it T.T From having my dad admitted to hospital in fear of an injury that was discovered to receiving a job opportunity and having to make a career decision in such a short span of time (while i'm on leave) to taking that brave step to inform my boss and ro on my intent to go for the interview to driving without JJ for the first time(s). A whirlpool of emotions, it feels overwhelming to be honest.  And I guess a lot of the emotions were more on the negative side - feeling fearful, anxious of the unknown, terrified maybe. And on the other hand, sense of relief and happiness when my dad was finally discharged because the doctors deem that it wasn't life-threathening and that he just had to attend further body check ups thereafter to receiving the full support and care from my boss and ro. I literally couldn't control my tears falling the moment my boss shared the pie...

Hello October!

A year and six months since the first CB started and look at where we are right now...still feeling pretty surreal that we're still in the midst of battling this pandemic or per say endemic to be?  I guess many of us wouldn't have imagined us to be battling this Covid-19 till today, and I'm just thankful that my loved ones are all safe and healthy <3  It's def been a difficult year for many (mostly in bad way i will say, minus the good part that we do get a decent amount of time to spend at home with your family as most people do wfh since last Apr 2020). But then again, I guess you can say I miss the liveliness of the neighbourhood, I miss the carefree times when we can indeed hang out as a group without worries (now I don't think I can forsee being maskless anytime soon even in the next year but I only wish for the easing of group gatherings because I sincerely miss family/relatives time and opportunities to hang out with your friends!) Covid-19 made me treasur...