Skip to main content

Hello July

Wow its been half a year, honestly was little surprised that my last post was in Jan. Heh so i guess im back here to update how my life has been so far.

Today -  8 Jul was a really happy day because our dear jiaen (aka my jenny) is married!! Hehe was so happi to see her in her white wedding gowns and beaming with a smile all the way. its like everyone just grew up so quickly and now me is seeing my friends get married one by one over the years :') I still recalled the days whereby jiaen wasn't having the best time with love back in our student days and fast forward today, she is happily married to the man of her life! Always makes my heart at ease seeing my close friends being so happy in their life. And funny how I always get so emotional at wedding speeches, I honestly suck at that. Hahaha even buddy could predict that i'll need some tissue cuz i'll probably be tearing away, which i did afterall heh. Thought this day the four of us could reunite - i guess we will wait till 23 Sep! Still holding on to that bit of faith that our clique will be able to meet up again as a whole after our weddings, gonna keep that last bit of hope there heh. 

So after the wedding, we met up with Vanessa and Sharene! finally the four of us as well - spending some quality time together! Sang K @ K Star Orchard Central > Dinner @ BIAP :P Been ages since we last met up cuz before that, everyone was caught up in schedules and we were all busy, so today was the perfect time that we can all meet up and catch up. 

Grateful for such friendships that when we grow older, you have friends who still take the initiatives to plan outings and all. I used to be such of a person and somehow as I grew older, I noticed myself shying away from being the organizer (which was something I felt that I lost in me and it saddens me somehow). Not too sure if pure laziness was the reason or I simply grew tired of always being the one to initiate meetups, but yes this was something that came up to my mind lately. I noticed myself being less observant and caring about people, and tbh I disliked myself for that. I disliked this part of me and I really want to change this part of me. Perhaps Adeline it's also time to learn to give others, to give people your love and time. Not everything is about you anymore - you had your fair share of takes from people around you. Time to refocus your mindset and be the caring Adeline you used to be. Be the girl who's been initiating meetups and conversations because you genuinely want to meet up and connect with your friends. This extends to your family members, be patient with them always.

I guess the actions of my loved ones have made me realized how fortunate i am today that i forgot to take everyday to appreciate all these goodness in my life. I took it for granted, expecting that my loved ones ought to give their best for me but what have i done in return? The heart and mind knows it all and I know that I haven't been giving my best. Breathe Adeline, you can do this. It's never too late to tell yourself that you want to make a change and start acting on it. Half a year more to start making changes through our daily actions, and I guess I will have this constant reminder for myself till the end of the year as a growth check for myself. 

Countdown 2 months 14 days to our big day!!! Eggcited for it while trying to mentally remind myself to not get stressed up over the wedding preps, learn to enjoy the process. You have the best husband you ever wanted, Adeline. Just live and let live <3

So much thoughts running through my head right now, its 1.33am and i guess i have to thank the coffee and tea for keeping me awake and allowing me to pen down my thoughts here. I always needed an avenue to share my thoughts and im glad i did it tonight. I know what's in my mind and what i will like to do next, slowly but surely. 

With that, shall go and enjoy the rest of my night and turn in soon before another exciting day tomorrow with baby and his family. Loving to embrace the married life days. 

Goodnight world XO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart

Holy grail, can't believe its been more than a year and here I am...decided that it's finally the night that I will pretty much like to update my blog. Yes what a year it has been, wouldn't have expected that my life will be like this a year back. Despite saying this, me is contented. Sitting right here alone in an A/C room hearing to 2NE1 music after a good bath and dinner, spending some me-time (while e hubby go for an impromtu night to JB with his bros). Heh tgif! Loving such Friday night <3  Been learning to appreciate these rare moments of me-time, to make use of it in a way that will make me feel good after. Recently, I thought to myself that 'hey its time to start brushing up the self-growth part of me as well as feeding my own mind and soul' cuz lately that was the part of me that I felt neglected - I guess I do sometimes pin a lot of expectations on myself when it comes to my growth at my work - what do i learn from it (aka professional growth) that I so...

Courage over fear

What a crazy past three weeks it has been - rollarcoaster of emotions for me and I can't believe I survived it T.T From having my dad admitted to hospital in fear of an injury that was discovered to receiving a job opportunity and having to make a career decision in such a short span of time (while i'm on leave) to taking that brave step to inform my boss and ro on my intent to go for the interview to driving without JJ for the first time(s). A whirlpool of emotions, it feels overwhelming to be honest.  And I guess a lot of the emotions were more on the negative side - feeling fearful, anxious of the unknown, terrified maybe. And on the other hand, sense of relief and happiness when my dad was finally discharged because the doctors deem that it wasn't life-threathening and that he just had to attend further body check ups thereafter to receiving the full support and care from my boss and ro. I literally couldn't control my tears falling the moment my boss shared the pie...

Hello October!

A year and six months since the first CB started and look at where we are right now...still feeling pretty surreal that we're still in the midst of battling this pandemic or per say endemic to be?  I guess many of us wouldn't have imagined us to be battling this Covid-19 till today, and I'm just thankful that my loved ones are all safe and healthy <3  It's def been a difficult year for many (mostly in bad way i will say, minus the good part that we do get a decent amount of time to spend at home with your family as most people do wfh since last Apr 2020). But then again, I guess you can say I miss the liveliness of the neighbourhood, I miss the carefree times when we can indeed hang out as a group without worries (now I don't think I can forsee being maskless anytime soon even in the next year but I only wish for the easing of group gatherings because I sincerely miss family/relatives time and opportunities to hang out with your friends!) Covid-19 made me treasur...