Skip to main content

let this year be the year about courage and love

1.28am - hehe finally decided that I really wanted to spend some time to myself and perhaps you know, update my blog? i guess i have indeed been away for awhile and it does feel good to be back - to check in with myself and internalize all that's happening so far the past couple of months/looked back at the past year. 


I think if i were to sum up the feelings that i've been feeling so far until today - its the feeling of being liberated, the little happiness in me and a whole heart of gratefulness for all thats happened :') 

So much has happened in the past year and I am simply thankful that I am here where i am today. Wouldn't have expected myself to be here doing my current role - and grateful for the team i'm in right now, appreciate the colleagues i have with me right now and i honestly can't wait to see how much to grow in this new organization. From being a temp to a full-time worker, starting to embrace the role I'm in and constantly trying to push myself to do better at my job (thought i indeed need to give myself a break at times and not be too hard on myself) -i think sometimes this felt like an after effect to me - of me trying to prove myself and my capabilities that i can indeed do it. Being a person who forgives but doesn't forgets easily, somehow the bitter memories remain with me and I can't help but find myself gravitating my thoughts towards it esp when it comes to work. "You have potential and you can definitely go further than where you are right now..." - the words of encouragement from my current bosses gave me that sense of assurance and confidence that i never knew i needed :') Hated the self-doubt Adeline previously and this is me telling myself : be yourself, have confidence and just do it. #havefaithinyourself

Taking that step to being courageous in the words i say and actions that i take was my approach to my new job and i can;t help but be thankful that i did this. Sometimes, i wonder what i am so afraid of afterall and this reminds me that at the end of the day, being yourself is the best feeling you'll get afterall (through the good and bad days of life) :) So yes, I am indeed continuing to let this year be the year i go after "courage" + "happiness". 

Speaking of which, last year ended with a lovely surprise :') - finally another step closer to being truly tgt with my baby boy. 12/12/21 - he proposed!!! heheheh it started with a shock for sure but towards the end, i was really overwhelmed with all that happened - the effort he took to coordinate with my fam and to make it a success! (L) when he knew how much my fam presence meant to me, that was my crying point indeed. and as much i always imagined how pretty proposals should be, it was a memorable one I will always hold close to my heart. its funny how time flies and we're walking this road tgt for the past 5 years tgt and as much as wild thoughts does run through my mind about our future, deep down that feeling that i can never ever get so mad at him or the thought of losing him breaks me up in tears immediately, he's indeed a gem to keep. and for that, forever grateful for the constant love from him (and his fam) 

So yes and as much as wedding planning is indeed a pain in the ass at times (esp when work is getting busier), but the thought of doing it tgt is worth it afterall. Amazing how when you find the right person you know you wanna stick with for life, everything becomes exciting and you start looking forward to every single thing in life. Sometimes, I really wonder what did I do in my past life to deserve this pang pang hehehe but anyways i guess we are stuck for life since Dec'21 !

And as March concluded as a busy month of work, just glad I managed to overcome it and of which, it also made me decide that you know what, it's time to get my ass out to workout. and so i decided to join PY impromtu's workout on the weekend - and so thankful i signed up for it! was such a fun and relieving session with these peeps. tbh, these were the second fam i never knew i needed too :') the last quarter of the year spent doing facilitations with PY was one of the best, not forgetting about being part of the eoy crew. loving the team and culture and i honestly feel so loved by all these people with hearts that are so big and gracious that they accept your everything of you - and just want to make you a better person at the end of the day. will never ever forget how their debrief sessions made me felt. what an unforgettable experience. But yes, cheers to many more meetups (be it faciltiations or outings). Of course I loved to be part of facilitation once again and I really hope I get the chance too (cries) - this is the closest that i'm getting with L&D and will i not want to lose the touch of it.

So yeap as the smm restrictions have slowly eased, me is so happi too because this means cheers to more gatherings and late night + drinks past 10.30pm yay!! been enjoying the recent quality time spent with my friends and family. and likewise a realisation that creeped to me - if those who cares about you, they will always be there for you no matter which phase of life they're in. and as much as i'm slowly trying to let go of certain events, emotions and friendships, it does indeed take me awhile to really let it go and i simply hope that we'll all be well no matter where we are. i guess this is why we get emotional when we are nostalgic because when you realised that whatever has happened only happened in that moment and you couldn't possibly replay it exactly the same way it is right now. but that's the beauty of life i guess? *constant self reminder to enjoy the journey along the way too*

Tbh, so much that i've experienced and call me lucky or blessed, but indeed it has been a kind end of 2021 and good start of 2022 for me. JIAYOU ADELINE, don't ever belittle yourself to fit with others. Beauty begins the moment you be yourself right? 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart

Holy grail, can't believe its been more than a year and here I am...decided that it's finally the night that I will pretty much like to update my blog. Yes what a year it has been, wouldn't have expected that my life will be like this a year back. Despite saying this, me is contented. Sitting right here alone in an A/C room hearing to 2NE1 music after a good bath and dinner, spending some me-time (while e hubby go for an impromtu night to JB with his bros). Heh tgif! Loving such Friday night <3  Been learning to appreciate these rare moments of me-time, to make use of it in a way that will make me feel good after. Recently, I thought to myself that 'hey its time to start brushing up the self-growth part of me as well as feeding my own mind and soul' cuz lately that was the part of me that I felt neglected - I guess I do sometimes pin a lot of expectations on myself when it comes to my growth at my work - what do i learn from it (aka professional growth) that I so...

Courage over fear

What a crazy past three weeks it has been - rollarcoaster of emotions for me and I can't believe I survived it T.T From having my dad admitted to hospital in fear of an injury that was discovered to receiving a job opportunity and having to make a career decision in such a short span of time (while i'm on leave) to taking that brave step to inform my boss and ro on my intent to go for the interview to driving without JJ for the first time(s). A whirlpool of emotions, it feels overwhelming to be honest.  And I guess a lot of the emotions were more on the negative side - feeling fearful, anxious of the unknown, terrified maybe. And on the other hand, sense of relief and happiness when my dad was finally discharged because the doctors deem that it wasn't life-threathening and that he just had to attend further body check ups thereafter to receiving the full support and care from my boss and ro. I literally couldn't control my tears falling the moment my boss shared the pie...

Hello October!

A year and six months since the first CB started and look at where we are right now...still feeling pretty surreal that we're still in the midst of battling this pandemic or per say endemic to be?  I guess many of us wouldn't have imagined us to be battling this Covid-19 till today, and I'm just thankful that my loved ones are all safe and healthy <3  It's def been a difficult year for many (mostly in bad way i will say, minus the good part that we do get a decent amount of time to spend at home with your family as most people do wfh since last Apr 2020). But then again, I guess you can say I miss the liveliness of the neighbourhood, I miss the carefree times when we can indeed hang out as a group without worries (now I don't think I can forsee being maskless anytime soon even in the next year but I only wish for the easing of group gatherings because I sincerely miss family/relatives time and opportunities to hang out with your friends!) Covid-19 made me treasur...