A year and six months since the first CB started and look at where we are right now...still feeling pretty surreal that we're still in the midst of battling this pandemic or per say endemic to be?
I guess many of us wouldn't have imagined us to be battling this Covid-19 till today, and I'm just thankful that my loved ones are all safe and healthy <3
It's def been a difficult year for many (mostly in bad way i will say, minus the good part that we do get a decent amount of time to spend at home with your family as most people do wfh since last Apr 2020). But then again, I guess you can say I miss the liveliness of the neighbourhood, I miss the carefree times when we can indeed hang out as a group without worries (now I don't think I can forsee being maskless anytime soon even in the next year but I only wish for the easing of group gatherings because I sincerely miss family/relatives time and opportunities to hang out with your friends!) Covid-19 made me treasure so much about the quality time we get to spend with people. It also made me realise the importance of being responsible and that it isn't so much about yourself anymore, but it's about you and everyone around you. And that conversation with my bff made me realise that we indeed still have a pretty long way to allowing Covid-19 be an "endemic' for us all. How we approach this current situation and learn to adapt and live with it, is indeed something I'm constantly reminding myself that I have to firstly learn to accept that things will never go back the same to when it was before, secondly that whatever we are doing now is going to be part of the new norm as far I know and thirdly, we have to embrace all that it is as we continue to have faith that Singapore is indeed taking steps in our own stride to pace with this pandemic turn endemic in time to come.
About five months since I left my second full-time job, and definitely feeling lots of emotions inside of me as I went by these five months. Mixed feelings of relief, anxiety, excitement, nervousness etc. were swirling in my mind and heart and never did I thought I will be here where I am right now. Life is indeed full of surprises every year and I am just thankful that I am here today doing what I wanted to, even tho it's probably a small step for now. But oh well who knows right in future?
May - A month just merely to unwind and relax after a hectic month of work in April. Swam the most within a year I believe tgt with my mum and really took time to spend with my family :) Celebrated dad's birthday and+ Mother's Day! Went for a family hike along the Rail Corridor + Trip to the Sg Zoo and River Safari (Y) Also started to join in trainings as observer to understand a little bit more about PY :)
Jun - Busy month full of more learning opportunities!!! + finally I completed and pass the recruitment for PY :> So happi to be immersed in so many training events to learn and it was a month of meeting up with friends to catch up, love it! Did pottery for the first time with bb too ;D
Jul - Finally had a good decent time with my bb (went to play luge yay - his first time too!) Glad we had fun hehehe like kids we went on all four rides lol thanks to Monday 1-for-1 deals. #soworthit Also to more training events I signed up for as I thought this will probably be the best time to sign up for such events to learn more and perhaps apply it whenever I can :) --> honestly there were times I felt like there was so much knowledge I absorb that I can't wait to put it to use and so I'm also mentally reminding myself that its one step at a time and I should constantly refresh myself so that I can apply it when I have the opportunity. Did my jabs (Pfizer) @ Bishan CC #cheerstobothdoseswithnosymptoms
Started my volunteering work back with BSS :)
Also took up a temp contract role with this org (and was really glad I did it, now thinking back when I was applying for temp roles to get some income)
Aug - Fulfilling and busy month of work with my temp job :-) + Did my very first facilitation and so glad I did it! Cheers to even more volunteer sessions with my buddy and finally met him f2f for the first time at the centre, honestly there was a part of me that wants to go back to doing such work and I'm so happi I am back to this like right now.! Met 95'kakis and had a really good time at my place (and this is also the same month that one of us is married!! omg how are we all growing up so quickly me can't believe but yes, feeling so proud and happi for him!) This is also a month where me and bb decided that we will indefinitely want to stay tgt in future and we got our first home purchase!!! (honestly the thought of it scares me but the thought that we get to live tgt brings me so much eggcitement too - of course the payment part is something we gotta work hard for but it becomes such a meaningful goal for us both, esp for me! time to save even more monies like how i used to during my internship days hahaha)
Sep - Work started to slow down a little but then again, many more learning to take in. Even purchased tickets for a 4 days learning event - hahaha of all things i spend monies on such things yes! And an accidental click of a event became one of the best takeaways of the event, love the speaker !! :D (sometimes i really believe fate does play a pivotal role in our life - the people we meet, the events we partake and how you just perceive it basically) It was also a month that my emotions were like the most confusing because on I was constantly questioning myself of my steps if I was taking the right steps to where I want to be. I do want to be a trainer (sometimes for the mere fact that i thought i can do pretty well with crowds and am confident to speak well so why not right?) but then again, the idea of being able to share knowledge and inspire action among people, and in particular youths was at the back of my mind too. Why only aim to be a trainer when you can be an educator? I do not meant like teacher exactly per say but more of roles in which I can still do work to inspire the youths today to be better versions of themselves. And this temp role of mine does somehow have engagements with student leaders which I thought was a pretty coincidental fit. It may not be entirely but then again what are the chances of you also having a good mentor with it. "Purpose, fulfillment and mentorship' - i remember these 3 values i was looking for in my next career and I am indeed still thinking hard about it. Maybe the opportunity is right here knocking on your door and you just got to trust your gut instincts too.
So yes Adel you can do this, breathe and believe in yourself and the steps you are taking everyday.

Comments