Skip to main content

Thankful December

10:18pm time checked. 
28th Dec 2016 date checked. 
Exactly three days to end of year.

This year has been a rather surprising one for me.
Well, firstly i've been stuck home for like almost a week ever since i've discharged. 
It's like literally a week and a day of not going out at all. 
Can you believe it?
How suffocated i feel hahaha after like a couple of days.
But oh well, this year is different as to the last because i'm currently in e midst of recuperating from my dental ops. it's considered a rather major ops and therefore i have to be home for the first 1-2 weeks to rest. And guess what, made a trip to the dental clinic today with mum and the dentist gave a thumbs up formy recovery progresss! (Y) #cheersadel 

Tbh, it felt like hell when the ops ended i thought to myself why do i go through such shit like it really hurts so bad i can't open my mouth to take a sip of water and i feel so tired and restless and i just wanna sleep all day. but my mouth hurts and woken up couple of times to vomit (not water but blood). it was horrendous the first three days of my post ops recovery. but i thought to myself. this is what i wanted all the while all these few years of growing up to adjust my jaw right and get a good set of teeth. And with that, the motivation to get well quickly kicked in. 
But i wouldn't have made it so far without my loved ones, especially my family and my friends. (L)
Honestly, feeling so blessed lately it's like i wonder what on earth did i do to deserve all these love? But one answer i heard which struck me so deeply was "you don't have to do anything, just be yourself." And that was more than enough for me. :)

Lately, many things has happened too. This month also marked the end of our IWSP and i'm so happyyyyyy its like finally i'm done and over with this work shit. 8 months.
I'VE SURVIVED!!! :)) AND DID MY BEST TOO. Learnt a whole lot here in MBS. Like i learnt so much about working outside your comfort zone, learning new things everyday and never stop getting comfortable. There's like so much that i've learnt about working from this work attachment and despite it not being the most pleasant experience, i've no regrets working there at all.
I guess you could say it's been an eye-opening experience for me.
It made me know what i wanted. At least, i know what i don't want. 
But still, if you asked me if i prefer working/studying, my answer will def be the latter.
Being a student is the best life ever. :-)
Honestly, looking forward to go back to school to see my frenz but not the assignments/exams/fyp part (for sure).
Hoping the new trimesters will be good!! 

Recently, there were many friends birthdays too and it always feel good celebrating their special days with them in this month. I loved Dec because its a jolly month where i feel we should go all out to celebrate the ending of a year. Of course, my wallet burnt a huge hole too and thank goodness my pay came just in time too! But yes hehehe i just love happy occasions they make you feel so hopeful and positive and happy!! This year has been a great one too because i was able to attend many reunions and see old friends all because of everyone's 21st. I guess this is pretty much the only year we will all get to gather like these so frequently but still, it was more than enough. :) The only bummer was me not being able to attend my ckjy's twentyfirst but yeah can;t wait to see her again this fridayyyy hehehe. 

i've also been updated much about a close friend's of mine her life and it just gave me so many thoughts about falling in love and stuff. its like how as we grow older, we get tired of lying to one another, giving mixed signals, wondering wtheck is the guy thinking, does he like me more than a friend etc. and it just suddenly feels like we all grew up. Today's HTHT was a much needed one, a timely one in fact and i'm so glad we were able to do it today. Its like the little girls whom we used to be who fantasize of a perfect relationship has grown to be fine young ladies who decided that they know what they want in life, what they want from their partners and have decided to work hard in life and wait for the right one to appear. Its like getting into endless relationships becomes a toll on one's health and mind, and i guess its damn right time that we wait for the right person to come to us. Until then, we shall work hard to be the best version of ourselves and love ourselves. Because if you don't love yourself, who will right? ;) I remember having that feeling of unlovable-ness and i always thought that people will leave me eventually when they see everything or know all of me. But somehow, this someone stayed. Even in my midst of ugly-ness with my swollen af face and all, this person was here accompanying me to recovery. So much has happened in this year and he's still here, with me. So much to say but i guess I'm just so grateful for his presence. I guess unexpected things works the best and a part of me is pretty excited to see how it unfolds. But i guess for now, just live in the moment and treasure the present. 

Happy last three days of 2k16 everyone. 
Stay merry :>


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart

Holy grail, can't believe its been more than a year and here I am...decided that it's finally the night that I will pretty much like to update my blog. Yes what a year it has been, wouldn't have expected that my life will be like this a year back. Despite saying this, me is contented. Sitting right here alone in an A/C room hearing to 2NE1 music after a good bath and dinner, spending some me-time (while e hubby go for an impromtu night to JB with his bros). Heh tgif! Loving such Friday night <3  Been learning to appreciate these rare moments of me-time, to make use of it in a way that will make me feel good after. Recently, I thought to myself that 'hey its time to start brushing up the self-growth part of me as well as feeding my own mind and soul' cuz lately that was the part of me that I felt neglected - I guess I do sometimes pin a lot of expectations on myself when it comes to my growth at my work - what do i learn from it (aka professional growth) that I so...

Courage over fear

What a crazy past three weeks it has been - rollarcoaster of emotions for me and I can't believe I survived it T.T From having my dad admitted to hospital in fear of an injury that was discovered to receiving a job opportunity and having to make a career decision in such a short span of time (while i'm on leave) to taking that brave step to inform my boss and ro on my intent to go for the interview to driving without JJ for the first time(s). A whirlpool of emotions, it feels overwhelming to be honest.  And I guess a lot of the emotions were more on the negative side - feeling fearful, anxious of the unknown, terrified maybe. And on the other hand, sense of relief and happiness when my dad was finally discharged because the doctors deem that it wasn't life-threathening and that he just had to attend further body check ups thereafter to receiving the full support and care from my boss and ro. I literally couldn't control my tears falling the moment my boss shared the pie...

Hello October!

A year and six months since the first CB started and look at where we are right now...still feeling pretty surreal that we're still in the midst of battling this pandemic or per say endemic to be?  I guess many of us wouldn't have imagined us to be battling this Covid-19 till today, and I'm just thankful that my loved ones are all safe and healthy <3  It's def been a difficult year for many (mostly in bad way i will say, minus the good part that we do get a decent amount of time to spend at home with your family as most people do wfh since last Apr 2020). But then again, I guess you can say I miss the liveliness of the neighbourhood, I miss the carefree times when we can indeed hang out as a group without worries (now I don't think I can forsee being maskless anytime soon even in the next year but I only wish for the easing of group gatherings because I sincerely miss family/relatives time and opportunities to hang out with your friends!) Covid-19 made me treasur...