Skip to main content
//BELATED POST//

Hello August! 
Yeap it's been quite awhile since August started and finally found the time or should I say found the mood to blog.
Well it's been a pretty happening month? 
So many people birthdays and of course a pretty significant event too. 

Firstly, Singapore's birthday. 
Yay honestly so thankful that we made it this far. Singapore, you're finally off the to the next 50th milestone in life. Been reflecting a lot about how our country has developed over the years, especially the skyline and me to have the opportunity to work in one of the IR developments - MBS. Never would I have thought of working here ever, but yeah I am now officially a full time employee (sort of) :winkAnd this year, I finally went to see the preview after like 2 years? Okay that's wasn't considered Long but still hehehe I will love the chance to witness the parade. Thanks to JJ I was able to do so this year. :-) Also, my yearly affair of catching the fireworks! Truthfully, I missed the times when all of us would go to catch fireworks tgt at that HDB block. Reminiscence much. But yeah, Super thankful I managed to catch it with a good Friend of mine in that clique and of course proceeded to have a really good dinner :-) Pretty much treasure such friendships. Somehow, a part of me wished that as we all grow older, we would remember one another and keep in close contact. I Guess that's real difficult but if one makes the effort, you will still be able to maintain that friendship. I think it's more of the frequency of meet ups that I missed but that's inevitable when everyone gets busier. :relieved:

Anyways so yeah that brings me to the next part - ZANNY bday. Yeah so honestly I was looking forward to the party not only because yay it's another good Friend birthday. But because it's a night where the usual will gather again and I'm so Glad we all could made it except sy. Best part, seeing the birthday girl surrounded by her loved ones. And of course, I had a good night too despite me being my unusual quiet self (since I hurt my back that day) felt good seeing everyone and especially him of course. It's been like 7 months since the last meet up but that feeling of seeing your Long lost Friend just kinda overwhelmed me that night. We talked and laughed and idk why, but I Guess that's the beauty in letting go because all I wanna do is wish you luck for your army. When you showed the pouch, idk why I couldn't remember it but I guess that's a sign that we have all moved on completely. Life's really funny and unpredictable because I never thought we could still hang out like this. Perhaps our friendship is meant to stay for a Long way. :relieved:

And it was the goldfish birthday as well this year, surprisingly we didn't do anything extra special but we had a good date out. :relaxedI Guess when you've been friends for a really Long time, apart from the fact that she's been my bestie for eight years and counting, birthdays are still celebrated but less of a lavish. But next year, it's gonna be a whole lot special for her especially. Can't wait for our trip. :heartbeat: #eggcitedmuch Come to think of it, both of us have been through so much and I'm just grateful she's still in my life till today. Like how life goes on and we head out separate ways but we will always find time back to each other. I Guess you can call us the kind of best friends that meet on a regular basis and catch up like there's no tomorrow. And even if we can't meet, we will still call or video call and stuff. Our friendship just so happened like these somehow or another back in KCP. :relieveI'm counting my blessings every day recently. Sometimes I would think to myself, how did I managed to live like this with a loving family and friends. I can't thank God enough for the blessings he shower upon me. Thank you for everything. I will always remember to treasure the people who loved and cared for me. It's like time just made you more sensible over time.

Be it life, work or myself, I'm learning to love every bit of it. Like how I dreaded work most of the time, now I'm really doing my best to enjoy it. It's less than a month to my new department and the thought of it somehow gives me mixed feelings. I just hope all turns out for the best. But until then, Adel shall stay positive and make the best out of it. #letsdothis #jiayou #hwaiting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart

Holy grail, can't believe its been more than a year and here I am...decided that it's finally the night that I will pretty much like to update my blog. Yes what a year it has been, wouldn't have expected that my life will be like this a year back. Despite saying this, me is contented. Sitting right here alone in an A/C room hearing to 2NE1 music after a good bath and dinner, spending some me-time (while e hubby go for an impromtu night to JB with his bros). Heh tgif! Loving such Friday night <3  Been learning to appreciate these rare moments of me-time, to make use of it in a way that will make me feel good after. Recently, I thought to myself that 'hey its time to start brushing up the self-growth part of me as well as feeding my own mind and soul' cuz lately that was the part of me that I felt neglected - I guess I do sometimes pin a lot of expectations on myself when it comes to my growth at my work - what do i learn from it (aka professional growth) that I so...

Courage over fear

What a crazy past three weeks it has been - rollarcoaster of emotions for me and I can't believe I survived it T.T From having my dad admitted to hospital in fear of an injury that was discovered to receiving a job opportunity and having to make a career decision in such a short span of time (while i'm on leave) to taking that brave step to inform my boss and ro on my intent to go for the interview to driving without JJ for the first time(s). A whirlpool of emotions, it feels overwhelming to be honest.  And I guess a lot of the emotions were more on the negative side - feeling fearful, anxious of the unknown, terrified maybe. And on the other hand, sense of relief and happiness when my dad was finally discharged because the doctors deem that it wasn't life-threathening and that he just had to attend further body check ups thereafter to receiving the full support and care from my boss and ro. I literally couldn't control my tears falling the moment my boss shared the pie...

Hello October!

A year and six months since the first CB started and look at where we are right now...still feeling pretty surreal that we're still in the midst of battling this pandemic or per say endemic to be?  I guess many of us wouldn't have imagined us to be battling this Covid-19 till today, and I'm just thankful that my loved ones are all safe and healthy <3  It's def been a difficult year for many (mostly in bad way i will say, minus the good part that we do get a decent amount of time to spend at home with your family as most people do wfh since last Apr 2020). But then again, I guess you can say I miss the liveliness of the neighbourhood, I miss the carefree times when we can indeed hang out as a group without worries (now I don't think I can forsee being maskless anytime soon even in the next year but I only wish for the easing of group gatherings because I sincerely miss family/relatives time and opportunities to hang out with your friends!) Covid-19 made me treasur...