Skip to main content
Things happen when you least expect it.
And well recently been thinking a lot lately, like the things that happened since work began.
Honestly, i wouldn't care much to think about it.
But maybe its time to sit down and think carefully. 
I'm like at this stage of dilemma where i'm unsure how things will unfold themselves or in fact how my life is gonna be.
Its like work and life are so complicated at times.
Work wise, its been two months plus and i'm getting a hang of it. 
Its definitely much better than when i first started because at least i know what to do and stuff, i feel less afraid but still not that confident to run on my own.
Sometimes i wonder how the confidence in me disappeared when i needed it the most.
And i realised that perhaps i need to start building it back again.
To be confident in who you are and what you do is so important that i guess most of us tend to forget it. 
I once told my friends about it and i remember one of them saying "Learn as much as possible, make as many mistakes as you can and then be a confident young woman". 
Hearing that really gave me motivation to press on and i know it's not gonna be easy, i'm not gonna take the easy way out in learning but to constantly remind myself to keep learning.
Because when you think you know it all, think again.

Heh and moving on to life, recently been talking a lot with a friend of mine.
And its surprising how we became closer over the past months when we didn't used to interact at all.
Somehow, a part of me is really thankful for this friendship because it ain't easy to get to know someone inside out.
I really enjoyed the interactions and truthfully, the question of liking has been popped up in my head several times.
It's like how you wonder is it the person liking you and thus getting close to you because of that. And then when it goes beyond the line of friends and you're like i thought we were just good buddies. But then hey no, he wants to be more than that and if you can't give that, forget the friendship and stuff. Okay there's so much assumptions and that's bad. 
I think for once, i gotta stop assuming.
Stop deceiving myself.
I guess i'm still stuck in my current stigma somehow.
I know myself with those expectations of mine, it would be eternity till i find the right person.
But what if you realised that you don't want to risk another heartbreak anymore?
What if you forgot how to love someone?
What if you forgot what its like to even like someone?
How do you differentiate being lonely and genuinely liking someone? I think that's the hardest question. 
And perhaps the truth could be if one is terrified of how relationships could end up, if it ended up in the same way as the previous one, why bother trying? 
And i guess the best thing to do when you're feeling lost and confused is: 
"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want. Everything else is secondary.” 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart

Holy grail, can't believe its been more than a year and here I am...decided that it's finally the night that I will pretty much like to update my blog. Yes what a year it has been, wouldn't have expected that my life will be like this a year back. Despite saying this, me is contented. Sitting right here alone in an A/C room hearing to 2NE1 music after a good bath and dinner, spending some me-time (while e hubby go for an impromtu night to JB with his bros). Heh tgif! Loving such Friday night <3  Been learning to appreciate these rare moments of me-time, to make use of it in a way that will make me feel good after. Recently, I thought to myself that 'hey its time to start brushing up the self-growth part of me as well as feeding my own mind and soul' cuz lately that was the part of me that I felt neglected - I guess I do sometimes pin a lot of expectations on myself when it comes to my growth at my work - what do i learn from it (aka professional growth) that I so...

Courage over fear

What a crazy past three weeks it has been - rollarcoaster of emotions for me and I can't believe I survived it T.T From having my dad admitted to hospital in fear of an injury that was discovered to receiving a job opportunity and having to make a career decision in such a short span of time (while i'm on leave) to taking that brave step to inform my boss and ro on my intent to go for the interview to driving without JJ for the first time(s). A whirlpool of emotions, it feels overwhelming to be honest.  And I guess a lot of the emotions were more on the negative side - feeling fearful, anxious of the unknown, terrified maybe. And on the other hand, sense of relief and happiness when my dad was finally discharged because the doctors deem that it wasn't life-threathening and that he just had to attend further body check ups thereafter to receiving the full support and care from my boss and ro. I literally couldn't control my tears falling the moment my boss shared the pie...

Hello October!

A year and six months since the first CB started and look at where we are right now...still feeling pretty surreal that we're still in the midst of battling this pandemic or per say endemic to be?  I guess many of us wouldn't have imagined us to be battling this Covid-19 till today, and I'm just thankful that my loved ones are all safe and healthy <3  It's def been a difficult year for many (mostly in bad way i will say, minus the good part that we do get a decent amount of time to spend at home with your family as most people do wfh since last Apr 2020). But then again, I guess you can say I miss the liveliness of the neighbourhood, I miss the carefree times when we can indeed hang out as a group without worries (now I don't think I can forsee being maskless anytime soon even in the next year but I only wish for the easing of group gatherings because I sincerely miss family/relatives time and opportunities to hang out with your friends!) Covid-19 made me treasur...