Skip to main content

Late night thoughts.

So much feel to blog tonight. 
Its the 14 March 2015, 11:30PM. 
Wow its like this month seem to fly by so quickly without me realizing, half the time spent waiting for that 'phone call' which arrived thankfully on the 12th. (Y) #PraisetheLord
Super duper grateful and thankful the HR remembered to call me and informed me
the things i needed to know regarding my new job! ^^
Yeap, Adeline is gonna be hired and starting her work soon yay.
Honestly, im really eager to start working because i really need some moneyy $$$$, its like i'm so desperate for it even though i've already saved pretty much from internship. T.T Cries. I guess this is all gonna be spent for a good cause. TRAVELLING :)

Ever since going abroad for internship, i really love travelling a lot more than i loved. 
Travelling really broadens my perceptions, the way i see things and how i go about thinking about everyday life. 
Since young, i'm always a patriotic girl of Sg and even until now, i'm proud of my country. I've always been a fan of National Day Parades and all and i'm always at the site to celebrate any occasions and stuff. Its like i love being soaked in these celebratory and festive moods. 
And so, i always thought to myself i will study hard and contribute back to Sg by working here. Working here and no where else. I'm fine with the idea of gaining work experience overseas, but ultimately i'll be back in my country to work. That was my thinking all these while and tbh, i've been questioning that lately.
What if your dreams lies somewhere outside of Sg?
Will i want to step out to chase it?
Will i be willing to forsake what's here in Sg and leave to work elsewhere?
After internship, somehow i've started considering life abroad.
The opportunities that lies there, the life out there and the possibilities to chase my dreams. 

But i guess for now, i'm just settled for university.
I definitely still want to continue studying for now, it seems too early to start working like full-time work. 
Life as a student has always been fun and i will always miss the times back in KCPSS. :')
Was scrolling through Facebook year 2011 and back then when i was in sec four and earlier, missed the times. Missed the people so much. Missed how Facebook connected everyone so closely back then. How one will like your post almost instantly and comment. It felt like you replying someone's tweet. Back then, there was only Facebook.
Everyone used Facebook.
It was nice.
You get to know what's everyone doing and how they've been.
But now, Facebook seems to be a platform where people just share videos and upload photos and all.
Updating of status seem not to be a norm anymore.
You only see it on Twitter and elsewhere.
It's pretty sad yeah?
Looking through my interactions, i missed the times when Facebook was still a hot topic and the trend and the only form of social media after MSN Messenger and Friendster and Blogger. ;)

Its been 7 years since i was sec 1. 
That's like a real long time and i believed everyone's changed.
Time can make someone change a whole deal, whether for the good or better, we all change and we can't deny that. Its funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different. That's the power of time.
But i believed that despite the changes, there's always that little part of you that stays the same. And that's what makes you beautiful.
You change over time, start to mature and know your responsibilities and weigh your priorities all. You start chasing for your dream and fall in love if you found the right one. You start growing up through experiencing these heartbreaks, failures, success, laughters, tears. 
They make up who you are today.
Someone once said, it takes courage for you to become who you really are when you grow up and i have to agree with this.
It's difficult to be truly yourself when there's so much changes happening to you and the world and it's lovely to grow up and become the same you, whether it was a year ago or five years old, but be a 'better' you. ;D

At twenty, i wondered if i've changed a whole great deal.
I wondered if it was a good change.
But for now, i just know that i've finally found what i wanna do in the future and that's good enough for me.
Take life one step at a time.
You never know what's gonna happen the next sec or minute.
One thing i know for sure is that i'm beginning to embrace changes and i'm excited for the future.
Shall enjoy the present and until then, goodnight world.
XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart

Holy grail, can't believe its been more than a year and here I am...decided that it's finally the night that I will pretty much like to update my blog. Yes what a year it has been, wouldn't have expected that my life will be like this a year back. Despite saying this, me is contented. Sitting right here alone in an A/C room hearing to 2NE1 music after a good bath and dinner, spending some me-time (while e hubby go for an impromtu night to JB with his bros). Heh tgif! Loving such Friday night <3  Been learning to appreciate these rare moments of me-time, to make use of it in a way that will make me feel good after. Recently, I thought to myself that 'hey its time to start brushing up the self-growth part of me as well as feeding my own mind and soul' cuz lately that was the part of me that I felt neglected - I guess I do sometimes pin a lot of expectations on myself when it comes to my growth at my work - what do i learn from it (aka professional growth) that I so...

Courage over fear

What a crazy past three weeks it has been - rollarcoaster of emotions for me and I can't believe I survived it T.T From having my dad admitted to hospital in fear of an injury that was discovered to receiving a job opportunity and having to make a career decision in such a short span of time (while i'm on leave) to taking that brave step to inform my boss and ro on my intent to go for the interview to driving without JJ for the first time(s). A whirlpool of emotions, it feels overwhelming to be honest.  And I guess a lot of the emotions were more on the negative side - feeling fearful, anxious of the unknown, terrified maybe. And on the other hand, sense of relief and happiness when my dad was finally discharged because the doctors deem that it wasn't life-threathening and that he just had to attend further body check ups thereafter to receiving the full support and care from my boss and ro. I literally couldn't control my tears falling the moment my boss shared the pie...

Hello October!

A year and six months since the first CB started and look at where we are right now...still feeling pretty surreal that we're still in the midst of battling this pandemic or per say endemic to be?  I guess many of us wouldn't have imagined us to be battling this Covid-19 till today, and I'm just thankful that my loved ones are all safe and healthy <3  It's def been a difficult year for many (mostly in bad way i will say, minus the good part that we do get a decent amount of time to spend at home with your family as most people do wfh since last Apr 2020). But then again, I guess you can say I miss the liveliness of the neighbourhood, I miss the carefree times when we can indeed hang out as a group without worries (now I don't think I can forsee being maskless anytime soon even in the next year but I only wish for the easing of group gatherings because I sincerely miss family/relatives time and opportunities to hang out with your friends!) Covid-19 made me treasur...