Skip to main content

Back to +65 ✈️🏠

Finally back to the sunny island. ;) 
Yes I'm back Singapore, for real finally back home. It seems surreal but like I've been back for a week already. Time flies. It's also been two weeks since I ended the last day of internship at Angsana Laguna Phuket. 

For the five months I've spent in Phuket was indescribable. It was an internship I've never trade for anything else. Making the decision to go abroad to work was a right one for me, even when the people so close to me, my relatives and friends didn't supported me because of the long distance away and the fact that it's gonna be real tough. But I accepted it. 
I accepted the challenge to step out of my comfort zone, to take on this internship because I really wanted to see if resort was the path I wanted to pursue in the future. 

And guess what, after five months of working in this resort, I found out the answer. 
YES!! Hell yes I want to work in a resort. ;D It sure took me long enough to realize what I truly wanted. Initially, I was still pondering if this is really what I wanted. But towards the end of 2014, I discovered my passion for a villa host grew tremendously. I wanted to do well at my job and be a good team player for the villa team. I wanted to perform my duties to the best I could and make my senior proud of me. ;) 

Though things didn't turned out the way I though it to be, but it still turned out well for me and for the three of us. Our training plan was never followed, but I'm thankful for that too. I'm blessed to be stuck with this awesome villa team that I've ever met in my life. 💖 Heheheh they're the best colleagues you ever wanted. Everyone is so genuinely nice to you and they're always so patient to teach you everything you want to know. I'm not even lying when I say I found a family within Angsana because I did. The villa girls are my family. They're are my sisters. :) It's a connection with them I cannot really put into words. It's not the surface just hi bye and joke around kind of relation I've developed with these girls, but a deep heart to heart connection. We can literally talk about anything and everything. Especially to my two colleagues whom I'm so close to, I can share my heart matters with them. ❤️ it's like it's so are to be able to find such connections, so the more you treasure the people. They're the ones why I'm willing to go back to Phuket for. 
Like what jesmine said, I guess these five months has helped us grow an attachment to Phuket. It's no longer just the country that we worked before, but a place full of memories. Truthfully, I really want to work and save money and travel back to see my sisters. 

Missed working with them insanely. 
Missed my job. 
Missed Angsana. 
Missed the carefree times rooming with my buddy aka Fiona. 
Missed our late night suppers. 
Missed our late night heart to heart while lying in bed. 
Missed bitching about a bad day at work. 
Missed motorcycle rides.
Missed late night adventures. 
Missed the local intern trainees. 
Missed wearing the Angsana uniform (though the zip is stupid hahaha) 
Missed texting my buddy when I reach work. 
Missed so many things...
But still, it's good to be back home as well. I guess it's been a good five months break from reality. Now it's time to get back on track and catch up with my family and friends and continue with the next chapter of my life. 

It's not the end, I always tell myself. 
It's just the beginning. 
I'm just excited for the upcoming travel trips and all. I really want to travel abroad and get lost in more adventures. 
It's when you learn to fall in love with the world and see how beautiful it can be. 



Thank you Phuket for the past five months. You've been good. 😌
We will meet again. ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart

Holy grail, can't believe its been more than a year and here I am...decided that it's finally the night that I will pretty much like to update my blog. Yes what a year it has been, wouldn't have expected that my life will be like this a year back. Despite saying this, me is contented. Sitting right here alone in an A/C room hearing to 2NE1 music after a good bath and dinner, spending some me-time (while e hubby go for an impromtu night to JB with his bros). Heh tgif! Loving such Friday night <3  Been learning to appreciate these rare moments of me-time, to make use of it in a way that will make me feel good after. Recently, I thought to myself that 'hey its time to start brushing up the self-growth part of me as well as feeding my own mind and soul' cuz lately that was the part of me that I felt neglected - I guess I do sometimes pin a lot of expectations on myself when it comes to my growth at my work - what do i learn from it (aka professional growth) that I so...

Courage over fear

What a crazy past three weeks it has been - rollarcoaster of emotions for me and I can't believe I survived it T.T From having my dad admitted to hospital in fear of an injury that was discovered to receiving a job opportunity and having to make a career decision in such a short span of time (while i'm on leave) to taking that brave step to inform my boss and ro on my intent to go for the interview to driving without JJ for the first time(s). A whirlpool of emotions, it feels overwhelming to be honest.  And I guess a lot of the emotions were more on the negative side - feeling fearful, anxious of the unknown, terrified maybe. And on the other hand, sense of relief and happiness when my dad was finally discharged because the doctors deem that it wasn't life-threathening and that he just had to attend further body check ups thereafter to receiving the full support and care from my boss and ro. I literally couldn't control my tears falling the moment my boss shared the pie...

Hello October!

A year and six months since the first CB started and look at where we are right now...still feeling pretty surreal that we're still in the midst of battling this pandemic or per say endemic to be?  I guess many of us wouldn't have imagined us to be battling this Covid-19 till today, and I'm just thankful that my loved ones are all safe and healthy <3  It's def been a difficult year for many (mostly in bad way i will say, minus the good part that we do get a decent amount of time to spend at home with your family as most people do wfh since last Apr 2020). But then again, I guess you can say I miss the liveliness of the neighbourhood, I miss the carefree times when we can indeed hang out as a group without worries (now I don't think I can forsee being maskless anytime soon even in the next year but I only wish for the easing of group gatherings because I sincerely miss family/relatives time and opportunities to hang out with your friends!) Covid-19 made me treasur...